One can quite easily predict the good or bad effects by considering the 20 point strength or Vimshopaka Bala of divisions. Here are some points to consider before calculating the Varga Vimshopaka Bala or the 20 point strength.
Important Points to Consider Prior to Calculation of 20 Point Strength
- The strength of a planet is full when he is situated in an exaltation Sign or in his own Sign.
- He is bereft of strength when situated seventh from it.
- The strength of planets having two Signs is to be known according to their situation in the Signs and it is to be seen whether the sign is odd or even when such a planet is situated somewhere between his 2 signs his strength is to be found out as per proportion.
- Jupiter, Sun, and Mars give pronounced effects in the Hora of the Sun whereas the Moon, Venus, and Saturn in the Hora of the Moon and Mercury in Hora of Both.
- Hora of the Moon is pronounced in even signs whereas Hora of the Sun is pronounced in odd signs.
- The Vimshopaka Bala remains as 20 when the planet is in his own Sign and the Sign of his exaltation, in the Varga of an extreme friend it is 18, in that of a friend 15, of equal 10, of enemy 7, of extreme enemy 5.
Vimshopaka Strength in Different Vargas or Divisions
Lagna, Hora, Drekkana, Navamsa, Dwadashamsha, and Trimshamsha are the Shadvargas.
When Saptamamsha is added to Shadvargas it is called Saptavarga. Similarly, other Vargas are formed.
Below are given the 20 point strengths or Vimshopaka Balas of different Vargas or divisions.
Vimshopaka Proportional Evaluation
When Vimshopaka Bala of Vargas is below 5 then it is not capable of giving auspicious results if it is above 5 but below 10 the planet gives some auspicious effects, 10 to 15 the auspicious effects will be mediocre and wholly favorable results will be yielded if it is 15 to 20.
As mentioned earlier the Vimshopaka Bala remains as 20 when the planet is in his own Sign and the Sign of his exaltation, in the Varga of an extreme friend it is 18, in that of a friend 15, of equal 10, of enemy 7, of extreme enemy 5.
The strength that a planet gets when situated in friends, enemies or own house it is called ‘Varga Vishwa’.
The strength that comes with each division by default as given in the table is called ‘Swavishwa’. For example in the Rasi chart, a planet gets 6 points in Shadvarga, gets 2.5 points in Navamsha and likewise. (Refer the table for more information).
The formula for arriving at Vimshopaka is as follows
Swavishwa x VargaVishwa and divide it by 5